Dr. Sumit Gupta is a young, passionate and dynamic dermatologist. He did his medicine (MBBS) and Dermatology (MD) training from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi. During his training, he developed a keen interest in pigmentary disorders. His remarkable research work on Melanocyte Transplantation in Vitiligo earned him the Gold Medal for best clinical dissertation from the University of Delhi. He was awarded the honor to present his research work at the biggest conclave in the field, World Congress of Dermatology, Vancouver, 2015 as a WCD Scholar. He also got the opportunity to train under the renowned Vitiligo Specialists from across the world. Due to his body of work, he was invited at the distinguished University of Ghent, Belgium to participate in research on vitiligo under the illustrious Prof Nanja van Geel. He also trained under the acclaimed Dr. Koenraad de Boulle at Aalst, Belgium in facial injectables. He strives to apply his impeccable training and latest technologies in accordance with patients’ needs & expectations for the best possible results.
MD – Dermatology – Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 2015
MBBS – Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 2010
- Member Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists & Leprologists (IADVL)
- Member Delhi Aesthetic Education Group
- Member Pigmentary Disorders Society (PDS)
- Member Nail Society of India (NSI)
Posts & Awards
- ‘Award of Appreciation’ for being the Editor of the IADVL Resident’s News Bulletin at the 43rd DERMACON.
- ‘Award of Appreciation’ for being part of an organizational team of the 1st PIGMENTARYCON, 2013.
- The prestigious ‘Pyarelal Sharma & Bishan Devi Gold Medal’ for Best Dissertation in a Clinical Subject for the year 2015 in February 2015 by University of Delhi.
- Was awarded ‘WCD-Rising Star’ scholarship by International Society of Dermatology to attend the World Congress of Dermatology at Vancouver, Canada